This free ten-hour course is designed for anybody who wants to use the Moodle learning platform for teaching, learning and assessment whether it be in a school, a university, a company or just personal interest! It is also a great opportunity to connect with the specialist Moodle community dedicated to sharing tips, resources, and anything that could help inspire better online teaching practices everywhere. Join the discussions in the forums on SYWPO.com.
Learn to teach, learn and assess in Moodle
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments. You can download the software onto your own web server or ask one of our knowledgeable SYWPO Team to assist you.
Moodle allows for unique learning methods such as gamification, competency-based education, mobile learning, accessible gradebooks, interactive online classrooms, and much more. Additionally, due to its inherent flexibility and easy-to-use interface, Moodle can be used to reach a wide range of needs.
Whether you’re a teacher, student or administrator, Moodle can meet your needs. Moodle’s extremely customisable core comes with many standard features. There is no right or wrong way to use Moodle tools. Each tool has a primary function but can be used to achieve a variety of learning and teaching strategies. An individual learning or teaching strategy can be achieved using a variety of tools.
Your choice of tool depends on your curriculum goals, your content and what works best for you and your students.
Here is what you will achieve
By the end of the course, you will be able to …
- create courses
- create enrollment methods, key and time set
- enrolling users to course manually
- assign roles to users in a course
- create question bank
- create question banks
- adding questions to a quiz
- create quiz to conduct simple, multiple choice knowledge tests to complex, self-assessment tasks with detailed feedback.
- create assignment to submit work to their teacher for grading which can be typed online or uploaded files of any type the teacher’s device can read.
- create lesson as a branching exercise where students are presented with content and then, depending on their responses, directed to specific pages.
- create glossary to maintain a list of definitions, like a dictionary as a collaborative exercise.
- create wiki to collaborate document by building pages together similar to Wikipedia.
- create workshop to add submissions for peer assessment based on a grading scale specified by the teacher.
- create forum to exchange ideas by posting comments as part of a ‘thread’.
- create feedback to conduct surveys to collect feedback
- create chat to have a real-time synchronous discussion in a Moodle course.
- create choice to ask a question and set up radio buttons which learners can click to make a selection from a number of possible responses.
- create book to display multipage resources with a book-file format and table of contents. Multimedia may be embedded and books may be printed entirely or by chapter.
- create label to add text, images, multimedia or code in between other resources in the different sections as a spacer.
- create page to display many different kinds of content such as plain text, images, audio, video, embedded code or cobination of all these.
- create folder to display several course files together uploaded in one go as a zipped folder which is then unzipped or they may be added one at a time to an empty folder or on the course page.
- create file to upload different file types as shown with different icons.
- create URL to a website or online file.
- create assignment (via Turnitin Assignment) for similarity index
When will the course start?
Our courses start when you start. You can learn at your own pace anywhere anytime. It the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed and counting down because the course is getting prepared for you.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at new aspiring English language learners, but may also be of interest to people looking for improving their knowledge and skills in English.
Who developed the course?
SYWPO is the professional educational online institute. The registered academia offers personal skills development, continuous professional development, academic, vocational, study skills and non-academic trainings and accreditation for those learning, studying, and working personnel who are either progressively learning or developing themselves.